Student calendar changes approved on November 8
Last week, the Lincoln Board of Education voted to revise the student calendar to provide staff with two more plan days this school year. There will be no classes for students on Dec. 9, 2022, and Feb. 21, 2023. You can find the updated student calendar on our website here: https://home.lps.org/calendars.
What does this mean for your student:
- Students will not attend classes on Dec. 9 or Feb. 21. This is a staff work day.
- High School activities/athletic events and practices will continue as scheduled.
- Elementary and middle school activities and athletic practices and events will be canceled on these days.
- School offices will be closed.
- Please check with your Community Learning Center or afterschool care provider at your school about child care opportunities on these days.
- Offices as the Steve Joel District Leadership Center (district office) will be open.
- Reminders and more information will be sent from your child’s school.
Thank you for allowing our staff the ability to recoup valuable plan time that is missed while they are covering classes. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Published: November 15, 2022, Updated: November 15, 2022